Leek, Potato and Chicken Soup
2 teaspoons of butter
2 finely sliced leeks
200g potatoes, peeled and diced
1 finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon of dried rosemary or thyme
600ml vegetable stock
175g boneless chicken breast
300ml semi - skimmed milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the leeks, potatoes and onions in the pan until soft.
- Add the herbs and stock and simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Cook the chicken breast in the microwave until cooked throughout.
- Transfer the soup into a liquidiser or use a handheld unit to blend the soup until smooth. Return to the saucepan.
- Stir in the milk and gently heat through until piping hot. When the chicken is cooked tear it into strips and add this to the soup as it cooks.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve in bowls.